In the life of the toddler, exploring everything around him is a great thing. His curious hands can make many things become a mess. That is the reason why the parents always give some suitable places. These areas are often safety place to play. Sometimes, you should make some skills in a life for the toddlers. They will become the good habits in his future. There are a lot of ways to help the toddler get familiar to our world quickly. You should not find this in a difficult way. It comes from your kitchen. Cooking with a toddler will be a great memory to think about. You have a plan to cook with the toddler. It is very important to know some essential knowledge. In this article, I will mention the importance and some things to remember when cooking with a toddler. I think that you will help your toddler practice the necessary skills to cook.
Why Do We Cook with The Toddlers?
Cooking is a fun form of education. If a toddler learns to cook at an early age he will be very easy to form the good habits in the future. I will give some reasons why we should cook with the toddlers in the kitchen:
- You can share some traditional foods which all members of the family often eat. Besides, you also teach the toddler some cooking tips to have the good taste.
- Beyond that, cooking helps the toddler study a lot of knowledge in the life. Your toddler will learn about:
+ It is a condition to develop the language in a toddler. You can ask him to read the recipe, and name some types of foods, vegetables, or seasonings in the kitchen;
+ Moreover, you should teach the nutritious meals to have a good health;
+ Teaching him how to measure the ingredients in cooking will help the toddler develop the mathematics with the simple lesson;
+ The toddler can study the essential cooking skills such as cutting, mixing, stirring, and filling;
Studying the cooking skills
· Especially, cooking is the best way to spend time together. You are busy with your jobs on the outside. On the weekends, you arrange the time to cook with your toddler. It is also a recreational activity to have the happy moments each other.
Things to Remember When Cooking with The Toddler
Cooking with a toddler is an activity which you need to spend a lot of time for preparing, teaching, and following. But this also brings the useful things with the toddler. He will develop his creation in the kitchen. So you must know things to remember when cooking with the toddler, right!
1. Making A Plan for The Specific Tasks
There are the plenty of accidents with the toddler. Therefore, you should prepare everything carefully. Firstly, you must make a plan for the specific tasks when your toddler cooks with you in the kitchen. Surely, you will give the simple tasks to him. In addition, the toddler can make a lot of mistakes. At that time, you need to explain as much as possible with the friendly attitude. Here are some friendly ways which you can refer to when having a toddler cook with you:
- Normally, before cooking, you will prepare all necessary ingredients. You should ask your toddler to stir them. This is a simple activity. Moreover, all of the toddlers feel very excited with this;
- Also, you can ask your toddler to measure the powder when making the cake. Of course, you must control what he does. During this process, you can mention small lesson relating to the math. For example, you can teach him to count the bowl of the powder.
- On the other hands, you and your toddler can roll the powder together.
- Besides, you should encourage the toddler to have the tidy cooking. This is a good thing later. It will become his habit. Throwing the garbage in the wastebasket is the typical example;
- Finally, you have to think that your toddler is an assistant person with the specific tasks. I am sure that he will very happy when you need his help.
2. Creating A Fun Environment to Cooking with The Toddler
A fun environment in cooking with a toddler does not mean that you play some games with your toddler. Playing games in the kitchen are very dangerous. But during this time, you are busy to guide, explain, and answer a lot of questions from a toddler. All of these should have the natural interactions. You need to create the comfort when he stays in the kitchen with you.
3. Ensuring The Safety of The Toddlers with Some Basic Rules
The safety problem is an important thing which many parents are afraid of to invite their toddler in the kitchen. Although this place has many interesting things but it also has full of danger. Therefore, you can share with him what kitchen utensils can use at the present time. And what will use when he grows to ensure the safety. However, these are not enough to have the safety for a toddler. You need to know more basic rules as follows:
- Do not let the toddler lay or sit on the floor when you are cooking. Instead, you will choose the solid position to install a chair. A toddler will sit on and start cooking with you;
- Besides, limit some cooking activities which they relate to the sharp objects, heat, and water. If you want to teach them to your toddler you have to follow during cooking;
- You need to have an available dry towel for your toddler. Sometimes, the toddler will use it to clean his hands and continue what he does.
In conclusion, we always find out the good solutions to teaching the toddler. In this stage, the toddler can learn quickly because he is very curious about this new world. And cooking with the toddler is a great suggestion which you can try. If you do not know how to start you can refer to some knowledge in this writing. In addition, you will know the importance of cooking with the toddler. Hope that you will like this information.